- Logo - eg. Logotype or Logogram.
- Guidelines - Palettes, typefaces and layouts.
Oppositional
This is when a channel gets their ident completely wrong and it goes against their ethos and it just becomes boring. The example I went for is More4's generic ident. The reason why I disagree with this is because it goes against their corporate identity which is to entertain people. The reason why this ident is boring is because it is just the more 4 logo going back and forth in a transition, the result of this was two long and since it is seen as a entertainment channel it just left people bored.
Prefered Reading
This is when a channel gets their ident right and it completely goes with their corporate identity. The example I went for is Dave's Bowling ident as in this short clip it reflects their tagline which is 'witty banter.' In this clip it looks serious as the shot has a bunch of bowls but then someone roles in a hamster ball into it. The effect of this was that it surprised audiences and also got a laugh out of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment